You’ve had scrambled eggs. You’ve had poached eggs. But have you had poached-scrambled eggs?
If you love cilantro and lime … Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos (crockpot style) - 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, juice from 2 limes, 1/2 cup of cilantro, 1 packet of taco seasoning, 1 teas. dried onions, 1/2 cup of water. Put all ingredients into crock-pot. Cook on low all day, or set crock-pot to high and cook for four(ish) hours. Shred, stir well. Spoon into soft taco tortillas.
Okay, you guys, I did this recipe for supper tonight, but instead I used:
- 2 lb pork shoulder, ‘cause I didn’t have any chicken
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet Goya sazon (cilantro y achiote) ‘cause I didn’t have any taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon devil’s dung
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Roasted in my oven at 350 degrees for an hour. I served it with black beans and salsa in a tortillas.
OH MY LORD. ASTONISHING. I’m sure it would be good with chicken, too, but trust me on this—pork works, too!
i wonder if joanjettofarc has seen this
be still, my beating heart
Protip: To take it to God Tier, try it with other mashed rooty things like yam, sweet potato, turnip, rutabega, parsnip, yucca, taro, celerac, or cassava. They all have unique flavors and textures and you can get awesome new things, but the same techniques will still work!
"Cecil. I need you to get the word out that clocks in Night Vale are not real. I have not found a single real clock— I have disassembled several watches and clocks this week and all of them are hollow inside."
Blow your MIND” Tomato Basil Pasta! - No Straining, just Stirring
Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook! - Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta
12 ounces pasta (Shown Linguine)
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid ( I used zesty red pepper flavor)
1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 large sprigs basil, chopped
4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Optional Parmesan cheese for garnish
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese if desired.
great Zeus’s beard this stuff is good. it’s also really easy and cheap and smells wonderful when it’s cooking. MAKE THE THING.
I’ve made this multiple times before and you should too
Hot Apple Spiced Tea
with the southern hemisphere heading into winter, this tea is a delicious way to warm up the cold nights. it also helps to relieve nausea and clear the head.
- 1 pound (500g) of green apples, cored & quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of allspice
- 2 pieces of orange peel
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup
1. place all the ingredients except the syrup into a large pot, and cover with half a gallon (2 litres) of water.
2. bring to boil on the stove
3. once the water boils, reduce to simmer for half an hour until the apples break up (note: if you leave the lid off the pot, your house will fill with that amazing, spicy apple cider smell)
4. strain the liquid into a large jug
5. add 2-3 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup to taste (i don’t always use the maple syrup, but it does give it body, and that apple-cider like taste. you can also use brown sugar if you prefer it.)